Building website for Palestinian solidarity movement and allround volunteer
Palestina Solidariteit vzw :
Palestina Solidariteit vzw is an independent volunteer/ grassroots movement.
We work for a just and sustainable solution to the Israeli-Palestinian issue based on International Law, respect for Human Rights and democratic principles. Our main activities are campaigning and education on the Israeli/Palestinian issue in Belgium (Flanders, Dutch speaking part of Belgium).
To accomplish this Palestina Solidariteit vzw works on:
-informing, raising awareness and mobilising the general public (BDS campaign is key in our work)
-meeting with policy makers so that they uphold these values
-supporting regional initiatives and groups working on the Israeli-Palestinian issue
-networking with progressive forces
-supporting projects in Palestine
More info: www.palestinasolidariteit.be
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a volunteer that can build a new website for our movement and helps with our activities (in May big event on 75 year Nakba).
The main task will be the development of our new website and make it an important tool in our movement. Interest and passion for social media are appreciated 🙂
Besides these main task we have a lot of other activities where the ESC volunteers will be a part of: volunteer day, 75 years of Nakba event in may, information stands during summer in flanders, campaign work,…
Since Palestina Solidariteit is a volunteer movement, you will be working in close collaboration with motivated and enthusiastic volunteers.
- ICT skills to develop a website (build within WordPress or other platform)
- Motivated to work with volunteers of all ages
- Interested in learning about the Palestine movement in Belgium/Europe
- Good English language skills
- Independent, asking help when needed, able to propose tasks themselves
- Good communication skills
- wants to contribute to positive change in the world
- Team player with a flexible attitude and plenty of humour
- Age: below the age of 30 for the entire project
What do we offer?
- A warm welcome in our movement with plenty of learning opportunities and new connections
- A monthly fee to cover daily expenses, pocket money and accommodation in Brussel
- 4 volunteering days/week (30 hours) sometimes weekends and evenings
- Work-related expenses are paid by Palestina Solidariteit vzw
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD AND TRANSPORT ARRANGEMENTS
Palestina Solidariteit vzw will offer a place to stay in Brussels for the volunteer.
A monthly allowance and pocket money will be given to cover the volunteer’s food and living expenses. As well as covering the travel costs from the volunteer’s home country to Belgium including return, VISA costs if needed are also covered.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application 30/01/2023
Selected candidates will be contacted in the second or third week of February for a test and skype meeting. Start of the project in consultation with the selected volunteer, we prefer March or April to start.
A total of 52 week(s) during the period 01/03/2023 to 31/02/2024
Vierwindenstraat 60, 1080 Sint-Jans-Molenbeek
LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS FROM
EU or partner countries
CONTACT & Application
Name: Mathias Van Hove